Thursday, February 26, 2009

Isn't it Ironic?

I have to laugh at irony.  Over the last week, I have read the first two books of the Twilight series by Stephanie Meyers.  A wonderful modern day Romeo and Juliet love story between a girl, a vampire, and a werewolf.  The series is absolutely engaging and lives up to the expectations set by all my friends and students who have read and recommended it.  It is so well written, that I am in awe of Bella and Edward and Bella's desire to become part of the Cullen family.  Vampires suddenly became "cool".  I like them.

So then why was it that I was shocked and momentarily frightened when vampires moved in next to me in SL?  I raised a wall between our lots.  Then I stepped back and laughed.  Laughed that I could find vampires fascinating in my book fantasy, but frightening in my SL fantasy world.  Is it because my SL world doesn't seem as fantasy-like as a book?  If that is the case...I need to re-examine my perceptions.  Until then, I will wear garlic and a scarf around my neck.  ;-)
.

No comments: